New and Exciting Professional Poker League will be Broadcast by Poker Central across Multiple Platforms
LAS VEGAS (January 15, 2016) – Poker Central®
, the world’s only 24/7 Poker™ TV network, and Mediarex Sports & Entertainment, today announced that Mediarex’s new Global Poker League (GPL) would air on Poker Central.
Poker Central will air both live and recorded GPL matches in primetime twice weekly beginning in early April. These matches will be exclusive to Poker Central, with pre-game and post-game shows also in the works. Additionally, Poker Central will carry GPL playoff matches as well as the GPL World Championship.
“We are excited to partner with the Global Poker League in this new and exciting approach to poker,” said Clint Stinchcomb, CEO of Poker Central. “The Global Poker League’s innovations, technology and staging is sure to keep fans riveted!”
“Both Poker Central and GPL were both created for the same reason – to take poker to the masses and to make it as popular as any other professional sport,” said Alex Dreyfus, CEO and founder of the Global Poker League, “PokerCentral will help GPL connect to fans worldwide.”
- 12 franchise teams of 5 players each will represent cities all over the world within 2 conferences
- EurAsia Conference
- Berlin Bears, Philipp Gruissem, Team Manager
- Hong Kong Dragons, Celina Lin, Team Manager
- London Royals, Liv Boeree, Team Manager
- Paris Aviators, Fabrice Soulier, Team Manager
- Rome Emperors, Max Pescatori, Team Manager
- Moscow Wolverines, Anatoly Filatov, Team Manager
- Americas Conference
- Los Angeles Sunset, Maria Ho, Team Manager
- Las Vegas Moneymakers, Chris Moneymaker, Team Manager
- Montreal Nationals, Marc-Andre Ladouceur, Team Manager
- New York Rounders, Bryn Kenney, Team Manager
- San Francisco Rush, Faraz Jaka, Team Manager
- Sao Paulo Metropolitans, Andre Akkari, Team Manager
- The first draft will take place on February 25th in Los Angeles
- 3 players from each team will be chosen
- The remaining 2 players will be selected as Wild Cards
- There will be 12 weeks of regular play, followed by playoffs and a championship game held in October in a leading sports arena in United States.
- More information is available at http://www.globalpokerleague.com.
# # #
About Poker Central®
Poker Central is the world’s only 24/7 PokerTM TV network. Poker Central’s non-stop coverage of everything poker captivates viewers with thrilling victories, heartbreaking defeats and fortunes made. Located in Las Vegas, Poker Central offers unique access every day to celebrity players, tips and strategies from the pros, player profiles and exclusive poker tournaments from stunning destinations around the globe. Poker Central is committed to delighting poker enthusiasts and advancing the game of poker worldwide. For more information, visit www.pokercentral.com; www.facebook.com/pokercentral, www.twitter.com/pokercentral and our locator at https://www.pokercentral.com/find-us.
About the Mediarex Sports & Entertainment
Opening its doors in July, 2012 Mediarex Sports & Entertainment and MSE’s Global Poker Index (GPI) is live Poker’s leading ranking authority – ranking more than 450,000 active players from 97+ countries across 270,000+ poker competitions- and serves as the official leaderboard ranking system of the World Series of Poker, European Poker Tour among many others. GPI’s Hendon Mob Database – thehendonmob.com – has archived over a quarter million live Poker tournaments and 1.4 Million+ individual results, continuing to do so via real-time data collection from over 1,440 partner venues. GPI’s mission to Sportify Poker drives its focus on platform, media and event innovations within the Poker world; the company currently runs an array of industry wide Poker initiatives including American Poker Awards & Conference, European Poker Awards & Conference and the GPI World Cup.