This week on Heads Up with Remko, Germany’s hottest player Steffen Sontheimer tells the story of his crazy year and the path that lead to his success.
- 3:04 – Start of the interview
- 5:40 – How does Steffen’s family follow along and view his life in poker?
- 8:05 – How does the general public in Germany feel about poker, and do they know their fellow countrymen are crushing the game?
- 14:00 – Career longevity and the life of a live pro.
- 16:20 – Transitioning from online to live pro
- 19:04 – Bankroll management, losing big and selling pieces for high roller tournaments
- 25:30 – The best value high roller events of 2017, deciding on your ROI and markup and the impact of Bitcoin on the high roller scene
- 36:25 – How many players worldwide would be +ev in the Super High Roller Bowl?
- 41:05 – Steffen’s views on Negreanu, Juanda, and Seidel
- 47:00 – The Purple Jacket, the Poker Masters and the 2018 Big One for One Drop
- 55:45 – The first generation of German poker superstars: Reinkemeier, Quoss and Gruissem.
- 1:01:50 – The atmosphere in high roller events, and the problem with excessive tanking
- 1:09:30 – Live tells in the game, and adjusting to being a live pro
- 1:14:25 – Steffen weighs in on the Dominik Nitsche vs Bryn Kenney discussion on GTO vs exploitative play
- 1:20:27 – Are recreational players getting scared to play big buy-in events because the pros are getting too good?
- 1:23:30 – It’s easier to become a top pro now than it was a few years ago.
If you’re new to PokerGO, please enjoy a seven-day free trial by clicking this link. Rewatch the entire Poker Masters in which Steffen was successful on top of a plethora of both live action, event replays and original programming. Get in touch with the show on email@example.com. Follow Steffen on Twitter here.