This is the second and final part of Heads Up with Remko featuring Patrik Antonius. On the first part, Antonius talked about how he discovered the game and quickly became one of the best in the world. From 2000 through 2006, Antonius arguably played the most hands of poker of anyone on the planet and became a legend among poker fans with appearances on High Stakes Poker, Poker After Dark and many other TV shows.
This week on the show:
- 2:31 – The clash with Sammy Farha on High Stakes Poker, and other memories of the most famous televised cash game of all time.
- 6:30 – Comparing Poker After Dark to High Stakes Poker, and why Patrik Antonius always did very well in televised games.
- 9:16 – The younger pros joining the biggest games at the heyday of poker: Tom Dwan, Phil Galfond, and Viktor Blom.
- 11:45 – The peak of online poker, did Patrik Antonius think it was going to last and how does he look back on that era?
- 16:39 – What were Patrik’s swings like in live and online poker?
- 19:20 – What makes Patrik Antonius the proudest, when looking back on his career as a poker pro to date?
- 21:50 – What are the most important factors and characteristics needed to be an elite poker player?
- 25:01 – The best players Patrik has ever played against, and why he’s fine admitting having been outplayed many times.
- 27:40 – The positive things in poker what drew Patrik back into the game, and what made him want to be more involved in the game after a few very quiet years.
- 34:47 – Patrik’s ideal televised game to expose the game to a mainstream audience.
- 37:45 – Is the game of poker entertaining enough on its own to make it grow, or are there other things needed to pull in a new audience?
- 41:00 – What will 2018 look like for Patrik?
If you’re new to PokerGO, please subscribe right now and enjoy more than 100 days of live poker action every single year. INSIDERS is now available on PokerGO, a show that followed Daniel Negreanu, Seth Davies and Brandon Adams on their quest for success in the 2018 Super High Roller Bowl. Antonius makes an appearance on this show, coaching Adams and talking him through important concepts of the game.
Want to reach out to the podcast? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.