This week on Heads Up with Remko we are joined by Patrik Antonius, winner of more than $11 milion in live tournaments but above all else one of the best cash game players in the history of the game.
On this show, Antonius opens up about getting his start in the game, playing in Bobby’s Room with Chip Reese, a Pot Limit Omaha pot worth $2.4 million and much more.
- 3:30 – The start of the interview with Patrik Antonius, a rundown of the topics we’ll be discussing, what the famous Fin has been up to, and why he’s been so active on social media recently?
- 08:16 – Doing more media appearances, constant Instagram posts and what changed from being a very private person early on in his career, and whether or not his tough table image has influenced the way people look at him.
- 11:32 – The early years of Patrik Antonius: Discovering the game of poker, the military, high-level tennis, finding online poker and playing more poker hands than any player in the world from 2000 until 2006.
- 20:14 – Memories of playing online poker in the early days, getting better at the game, winning the Sunday Million, and building up a bankroll using a hyper-aggressive style.
- 23:58 – Adjusting to the new playing style of current-day top pros that focus on GTO, and which strengths in Patrik’s game keep him at the top.
- 26:33 – Traveling for poker tournaments, winning an EPT, becoming famous and playing huge stakes online.
- 29:03 – Why tournament results don’t matter at all when you have million-dollar swings in the cash games, and some high stakes cash game stories.
- 34:28 – Playing in Las Vegas, Bobby’s Room, the peak of high stakes action in 2009, and selling action to Phil Ivey for $4k/$8k mixed.
- 37:24 – The other legends of the game, and what was it like to play against Phil Ivey at the peak of his powers.
- 42:25 – Prop betting in poker, why it’s bad for the game if the mainstream audience sees this type of gambling, and winning a crazy tennis bet versus Brandon Adams.
- 51:23 – High Stakes Poker, an introduction into Part 2 of this podcast.
This is the first part of two, stay tuned for the next episode next week.
New to PokerGO? Subscribe right now and never miss another live broadcast such as Poker After Dark, Super High Roller Bowl, and World Series of Poker. Want to watch more Patrik Antonius? Subscribe to the podcast channel and receive the second episode on your mobile device next week.