Jake Cody became the youngest ever to win the Triple Crown back in 2011, and also the fastest ever to do it. This record has not been broken since, but Cody’s life has gone through a lot of changes since then. Today on the podcast, Cody tells his life story that includes some big wins, epic moments and hilarious nights out.
- 2:05 – What has Jake Cody been up to lately, getting back into Vlogging and playing a lot of poker.
- 3:05 – The biggest roulette spin of the year: Putting nearly $60,000 on black after winning a tournament at the Dusk Till Dawn casino in Nottingham. Jake tells the whole story.
- 7:11 – Explaining his big roulette spin to people outside the world of poker, while also having to explain them that he is a professional poker player.
- 10:00 – Going back through Jake’s career, starting with discovering the game of poker at a very early age and making his way up the ranks.
- 14:12 – Growing up with a single parent, the road the traveled to convince his mother that poker was the right thing for him as a profession, and calling her right after wining EPT Deauville.
- 18:31 – Reliving EPT Deauville, the life-changing money and the months that followed with winning WPT London.
- 21:55 – Completing the Triple Crown at age 22 by winning the $25,000 Heads-Up Championship at the World Series of Poker, and the chaos at the final table with one of the rowdiest rails in poker history.
- 28:02 – The ups and downs of the career of a poker player, why it’s not always as easy as it looks, and how hard work, variance and talent need to come together for success.
- 33:55 – Being young and rich, how to handle it, and why Jake Cody is one of the most fierce party animals on the UK poker scene.
- 38:45 – The story how Jake got robbed while skinny dipping in Barcelona, getting everything stolen including his phone, wallet and passport, and having to walk back to his hotel naked and without a way or proving who he was.
- 43:45 – Going from having a ton of results early in his career to a lack of massive scores in recent years, how to handle that and focusing on cash games.
- 46:50 – Loving the game of poker, remaining to be a fan of the game, adjusting his game to the new age of the game and starting to vlog.
- 50:43 – Is the dream of becoming a poker professional still alive like it was back in the day?
- 52:50 – Jake’s new approach to playing poker, getting into the GTO solvers, but not wanting to compete in the High Rollers and Super High Rollers.
- 54:55 – The dream of making the WSOP Main Event and why Jake is one of the biggest poker fanboys.
New to PokerGO? Subscribe right now and enjoy more than 100 days of live poker action every year and an extensive on-demand library that includes the World Series of Poker, Super High Roller Bowl, World Poker Tour, Poker After Dark and much more.