Felipe Ramos is one of the most exciting players and personalities in the game today, traveling the international circuit and taking his friends and followers along for the ride through his popular Instagram page.
During the 2018 WSOP, we caught up with the Brazilian pro for an in-depth conversation that took us from his childhood in Sao Paulo, working in finance and discovering poker to traveling the world, playing high stakes and plenty of insights into Brazilian culture, music, food and much more, capped off by some guitar play and singing from Ramos himself.
- 01:01 – Felipe Ramos and his love for Las Vegas, visiting for the first time in 2008, and his life as a financial advisor.
- 5:22 – The social media lifestyle, supporting Brazilian players at the WSOP, and interacting with his fans every single day.
- 19:43 – The early days of Felipe Ramos, finding inspiration and learning from his father how to live life, and convincing his father that this was a good career choice.
- 33:20 – Discovering the game of poker, and transitioning from working an office job to being a poker professional.
- 48:50 – Breaking out into the higher stakes, traveling to Europe for his first EPT after securing a sponsorship with a Brazilian poker website.
- 58:05 – Cashing in his first EPT ever, the “luck” of not winning a lot of money early on in his career, progressing as a player and seeing the popularity of poker grow in Brazil.
- 1:21:58 – The evolution of poker in Brazil, learning mixed games, becoming a famous player in his home country, and connecting with celebrities such as Neymar and Ronaldo.
- 1:45:19 – Soccer talk with Felipe, the Brazil national team, relationships with the players and looking back on the big wins and losses and how it affected the country.
- 2:00:40 – Looking into the future of Felipe’s poker career and beyond, travel tips, tips for visiting Brazil, Brazilian food, music culture and closing out with some guitar and singing from Felipe himself.
Watch Felipe Ramos play on PokerGO by subscribing right now, along with every other top player. PokerGO provides more than 100 days of live poker action every single year as well as an extensive on-demand library of content.