Frank Op de Woerd and Poker Central’s own Remko Rinkema traveled the international poker circuit together for many years, and today they dive into the memory bank for some good stories before previewing the 2018 WSOP Main Event.
- 0:55 – PokerNews’ Head of Content Frank Op de Woerd looks back on the 2018 WSOP up until this point.
- 02:51 – Frank sets the story straight on a wild night of partying in 2009, a story previously told by Remko on a previous episode.
- 04:09 – Frank’s favorite memories of Las Vegas and looking back on his early years at the World Series of Poker starting in 2008.
- 07:43 – Frank tells a story of losing his phone, and finding it the next day at the food court in The Palms, as well as losing his phone, wallet, and passport right before having to fly back to the Netherlands.
- 11:39 – Frank’s first WSOP in 2008, and the memories of visiting Vegas as a massive poker fan.
- 15:30 – Las Vegas tips from Frank.
- 20:00 – Live reporting, the tricks of the trade and why certain mistakes are hard to avoid.
- 22:50 – The first years of reporting on the WSOP, and how things have changed over time.
- 27:33 – Main Event memories.
- 30:35 – Looking back on the November Nine era and the change to live action in the summer until a winner is crowned.
- 35:40 – Storylines such as John Hesp in the Main Event, do true poker fans prefer this over high-level play?
- 37:50 – Heroes and villains in the WSOP Main Event.
- 40:25 – Frank’s predictions for the 2018 WSOP Main Event.
- 44:25 – The future prospects for the WSOP with casinos in Las Vegas offering more and more big events in the summer.
- 46:20 – Frank’s thoughts on the future of the game of poker.
Enjoy the WSOP Main Event on PokerGO starting on Monday, July 2nd by subscribing right now. PokerGO provides over 100 days of live poker action every year, on top of an on-demand library that includes every single WSOP broadcast from 2011 through 2017.