Another weekend lies ahead, so let’s get caught up on one of my favorite shows on PokerGO: Stories from the Felt. Through six episodes, you get to learn more about the players and their stories than ever before, making it must-watch TV for every poker fan.
Picking one episode from this collection of six is really hard, given how they all bring something special to the table. The story of Greg Merson, however, is one that really speaks to more than just the game of cards we all love.
Dealing with addiction, relapsing, and finding a way to manage it with the help of his friends, family, and poker makes The Wake-Up Call an inspiring story of hope and perseverance that lead Merson to become one of the most successful and celebrated WSOP Main Event champions ever.
The other episodes of Stories from the Felt cover the following topics, click on the links to dive into these stories.
- The Mayfair Club – Stories from the most famous New York City underground poker club that has brought forward so many of the game’s biggest names.
- The Bike Bet – The story behind the infamous prop bet between Dan Bilzerian, Bill Perkins and Brian Rast, the latter who had to ride his bike from Las Vegas to Beverly Hills in under 48 hours.
- The Big Reveal – The story of Henry Orenstein who revolutionized the game of poker with the invention of the hole card camera.
- Bobby’s Room – Stories from the most famous high stakes room in the world.
- Wild Cards – Never told before stories from poker pros Eli Elezra, Nick Schulman, Dan ‘Jungleman’ Cates, Jennifer Harman, Todd Brunson, and Steve Zolotow.
New to PokerGO? Subscribe right now to enjoy more than 100 days of live poker every single year as well as an endless supply of on-demand content including the Super High Roller Bowl, World Series of Poker, and original programming such as Pokerography, Poker Nights, and Beyond the Rail.