LAS VEGAS (August 4, 2016) — Poker Central®, the world’s only 24/7 Poker™ TV network, today announced Season Two of its popular network series “Pokerography.”
Pokerography is an in-depth look into the lives of some of the greatest poker professionals to ever play the game. Each episode will explore the individual behind the legend — in their own words and through others. Detailed interviews from poker’s greatest champions reveal their fascinating backstories while interviews with family, friends, rivals, and expert analysts dig deep into their legacies.
Professional players to be featured in Season Two include:
- Jennifer Tilly – Academy Award nominee and famed actress, Jennifer Tilly is as hot on the felt as she is on film, with a WSOP bracelet and $1 million in winnings to her name.
- Jason Mercier – A whopping $2 million side bet with a fellow poker player turned into one of the most exciting poker stories of this summer. Jason bet Vanessa Selbst (profiled in Pokerography in 2015) that he couldn’t win 3 WSOP bracelets. With $900k in winnings and 2 bracelets, Jason came shockingly close to grabbing Vanessa’s $2 million.
- Brian Rast –Turning a $25,000 buy-in at a satellite game into a seat at Poker Central’s very first Super High Roller Bowl, Brian Rast used that seat to win it all — walking away with first prize of $7.5 million. This would be a great rags-to-riches story, except that Brian was already a powerhouse player with winnings that exceeded $9 million — before his Super High Roller Bowl win.
- Maria Ho – One of the top 10 female poker players in the world with $2.6 million in wins, Maria is also known for competing in the TV show Amazing Race, as a poker TV show host, as a team manager for the new Global Poker League and as the host of Poker Central’s Twitch TV show.
- Liv Boeree – An astrophysicist who learned how to play poker on a UK game show, Liv’s $3 million in winnings include $1.7 million at the 2010 EPT.
- Johnny Chan – With $8.7 million in winnings, 10 WSOP bracelets and a cameo in the movie Rounders, Johnny Chan’s famed poker play created a new generation of poker players following in his footsteps.
- Jonathan Little – With 30 WSOP cashes and $6.7 million in winnings, including a $1.1 million first place win at the 2008 WPT, Jonathan is also known as a prolific writer on poker and poker strategy.
- Nick Schulman – In spite of his $8.6 million in poker winnings and his love of the cash game, Nick is best known for his popular on-air, live commentary of televised poker events, and its contrast to his off-the-grid approach to social media.
- Chris Moorman – The most accomplished online poker player on earth, this author of many poker books adds $4 million in tournament winnings to his $13 million in online earnings.
- Jason Koon – Just two weeks in an office after receiving his MBA was enough for Jason to drop the 9-to-5 world for poker. With $4.2 million in winnings by age 30, Jason is also an adrenaline junkie, and can be seen skydiving, backflipping and bungee jumping between poker hands.
- Isaac Haxton – An Ivy League analytical genius who never learned how to drive, Isaac Haxton burst on the scene in 2007 when he decided to try his first live poker tournament while on vacation, walking away with 2nd place and $861,789.
- Byron Kaverman – Sometimes good poker players have big expensive homes; Byron had none at all. He traveled so much to play poker that he gave up his place and went homeless for years. With $7 million in winnings and pages of passport stamps from beautiful locales, he wasn’t your typical homeless guy.
- Celina Lin – China’s “Queen of Poker” tried poker for the first time in 2004 while studying in Australia. By 2009, she was the first woman to win the Macau Cup, which she won again in 2012.
Pokerograpy is a production of Squad 47 Films with Executive Producers Steve Greenstein and Jane Bloom. The show premiered in early 2016, and the second series will premiere in Fall 2016.
About Poker Central®
Poker Central is the world’s only 24/7 Poker™ TV network. Poker Central’s non-stop coverage of everything poker captivates viewers with thrilling victories, heartbreaking defeats and fortunes made. Located in Las Vegas, Poker Central offers unique access every day to celebrity players, tips and strategies from the pros, player profiles and exclusive poker tournaments from stunning destinations around the globe. Poker Central is committed to delighting poker enthusiasts and advancing the game of poker worldwide. For more information, visit www.pokercentral.com; www.facebook.com/pokercentral and www.twitter.com/pokercentral.