LAS VEGAS (January 10, 2017) — Poker Central®, the ultimate poker lifestyle destination, today announced its nomination as a finalist in the Cynopsis TV Awards.
Cynopsis, publisher of news for the television, media, digital, and sports TV industries, hosts the Cynopsis TV Awards annually to salute excellence in national TV programming and recognize outstanding achievement. Poker Central is a finalist under the “Best Branded Integration Category.” This award honors an innovative product placement that is not obtrusive, but is inserted seamlessly into the narrative to drive brand lift. Poker Central was nominated for its creative ad placement during the 2016 Super High Roller Bowl. Other TV shows nominated for this Award include: The Ellen DeGeneres Show, NBC News Election Night, VH1′s Barely Famous, HGTV’s Fixer Upper and The Weather Channel.
“It is an honor to be a part of this great list of top, nationally recognized TV shows,” said Joe Kakaty, president of Poker Central. “This Cynopsis TV Award nomination is a great symbol of acknowledgement and appreciation from our peers in the TV industry.”
With millions of dollars on the line during a live poker event, and millions of viewers, including impatient millennials, watching, it was critical for Poker Central’s advertisers to unobtrusively promote during the TV show. “Advertising during a live poker event is a challenge,” added Kakaty. “With seamless integration of our sponsors at natural points in the game, we could include a large amount of sponsor advertising during play, without interrupting the flow and excitement of the tournament itself. And the advertisers loved the results!” Examples of sponsor integration includes sponsorship of:
- “Chip denominations” review, when the hosts explained the value of the poker chips based on their color.
- “Leaderboard” review, a ranking of the players at that point in the game.
- “Strike Back Moments,” where a player’s response to others was highlighted; a moment that was custom created with the Amazon Appstore for the popular mobile app, “Mobile Strike.”
- “The Bubble Moment” sponsorship, an exciting point in a poker game where the final player is eliminated who walks away with no winnings, while the remaining players are guaranteed a prize.
- “Smooth Face Face-Off” sponsorship, that played upon the double meaning of “smooth” and “face” in poker and in shaving, for Dollar Shave Club.
- “Bio Blasts” – sponsoring the points where players’ biographies are discussed by the hosts.
- The final table sponsorship, or sponsorship of the table of the final seven players left in the game.
- The “blinds” and “antes” (betting on cards before the player sees them) were also sponsored.
- “Payout” review, or the list of money won by 1st through 7th prize.
- “Moments” sponsorship, when critical parts of the game were replayed.
Brand integration results were phenomenal, with sponsors generating their full investment back in same-day sales alone. “We’ve been impressed with Poker Central’s reach since day one, especially with the elusive millennial poker fan,” said Jeff Liboon, Head of Mobile eSports Media and Content at Amazon.
About Poker Central®
Poker Central is the world’s only 24/7 Poker® TV network. Poker Central’s non-stop coverage of everything poker captivates viewers with thrilling victories, heartbreaking defeats and fortunes made. Located in Las Vegas, Poker Central offers unique access every day to celebrity players, tips and strategies from the pros, player profiles and exclusive poker tournaments from stunning destinations around the globe. Poker Central is committed to delighting poker enthusiasts and advancing the game of poker worldwide. For more information visit www.pokercentral.com, www.facebook.com/pokercentral and www.twitter.com/pokercentral.