Nick Schulman is one of the most celebrated commentators in the game, winning an American Poker Award for broadcaster of the year, but ultimately he’s still a top professional. A regular in Bobby’s Room and a winner of two World Series of Poker bracelets, Schulman has a lot of stories and he tells them on this podcast.
- 2:36 – Nick Schulman joins the show and talks about all the recent media attention he’s been getting, and how it has changed his life a bit.
- 6:05 – Getting into doing commentary: How did Nick Schulman get the job and become so good at it?
- 11:15 – The importance of having something in life outside of poker, finding balance and being detached from the world.
- 14:03 – Bobby’s Room, is Nick Schulman a lifer?
- 20:02 – Nick realized that his No Limit Hold’em game wasn’t up to the highest standards anymore, through playing and doing commentary, and how he got back to the top.
- 28:56 – Poker on TV: What’s its status? Is it boring? What’s its future? Does GTO negatively impact the future of poker?
- 42:50 – Selling the dream of becoming a poker pro versus enjoying high-level poker as entertainment, and what it takes to be a top level player these days.
- 58:27 – Nick Schulman quantifies his own skill if it were to be a video game.
- 1:04:14 – Mixed games. What’s its future? Does it have a place in televised poker? And some stories from Bobby’s Room.
- 1:11:40 – Nick shares his excitement for the PokerGO Studio and its endless potential.
- 1:17:38 – Nick’s 2018 World Series of Poker, or perhaps we will only see him in Bobby’s Room?
If you’re new to PokerGO and want to enjoy over 100 days of live poker action, please subscribe right now. Watch the 2017 Super High Roller Bowl on-demand with commentary provided by Nick Schulman and Ali Nejad, as well as the upcoming 2018 Super High Roller Bowl starting on May 27th. Looking to reach out to the podcast? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.