This week on the Heads Up with Remko podcast: Top tournament player Nick Petrangelo.
Nick finished in the top 10 of the Global Poker Index Player of the Year rankings for the third straight year in 2017, finishing 4th, 8th and 8th again. We spoke with Nick about everything that goes on in the high stakes world, as well as uncovering his road to success.
- 3:30 – The start of the conversation with Nick Petrangelo, who talks about being on a little break after Macau and WSOP-E, his poker calendar and financial pressure per event.
- 10:20 – Swapping and selling action in high roller events and how money gets moved around in poker.
- 18:00 – The frequency of super high stakes events and their impact on the poker economy.
- 26:15 – The Big One for One Drop in 2018, to which Nick has already made his deposit, and Leon Tsoukernik’s reputation.
- 37:24 – Looking back on the first ever Big One for One Drop in 2012 and the status of Nick’s career during that time.
- 41:20 – The rise to the top and the 2015 breakout year.
- 46:15 – How Black Friday helped launch Nick’s career in high stakes poker.
- 49:50 – Being known as the best tournament player in the world.
- 55:15 – A fun hypothetical: How long does it take to lose your profit margin in high roller events if you stop working on your game?
- 1:04:10 – Consistency over the last three years and longevity in poker.
If you’re new to the podcast, please rate, review and subscribe to the channel. If you’re new to PokerGO, please subscribe right now and get a free PokerGO hoodie until December 25th.