Twitch streamer, poker pro, vlogger, and #UltimateSweat winner Jaime Staples joins the podcast to talk about his crazy 2017, and the prop bet that will make his 2018 potentially ever crazier.
- 2:30 – Start of the interview with Jaime Staples, and why celebrating winning the #UltimateSweat for $150,000 didn’t last all too long!
- 3:55 – How did the #UltimateSweat come together: Betting $3,000 at 50:1 to win $150,000 for getting to within 1lbs of their body weight with Bill Perkins.
- 6:15 – Talking through the first bet, how to approach it and what the plan was.
- 8:28 – Completing the first year, losing a lot of weight and Jaime learned from this experience.
- 11:06 – The content aspect on YouTube, Twitch and Twitter during the Ultimate Sweat, and the weigh-in during Run it Up! Reno.
- 14:40 – The response from friends and family, during and after winning the prop bet that brought in $150,000 for Jaime and his brother Matt.
- 17:50 – The interest from Good Morning America, Barstool Sports and other mainstream media in the prop bet.
- 19:55 – The communication with Bill Perkins, and how the second year of the #UltimateSweat came together, getting below 10% body fat.
- 24:11 – What will 2018 look like for Jaime and Matt, and how will they achieve getting below 10% body fat?
- 26:10 – Why prop betting is important to achieve big goals like this, and why it is totally fine to find motivation externally.
- 29:10 – Is Jaime Staples still a poker player first?
- 33:12 – The response from the Twitch community to his #UltimateSweat challenge, and how Jaime Staples got his start on Twitch.
- 38:20 – What are the most important factors for success on Twitch?
- 44:30 – Setting goals as a poker player, studying and getting better as a pro.
- 48:00 – Vlogging and content plans during Year 2 of the Ultimate Sweat.
- 50:11 – Jaime shares advice on how he improved his health, and what he recommends other people that want to get healthier.
- 53:25 – Aside from another year focussed on health, what are Jaime’s other goals for 2018?
Follow Mike Vacanti, Matt and Jaime Staples on social media as the #UltimateSweat continues. Follow Mike, Jaime and Matton YouTube for their vlogs, Matt and Jaime on Twitch and Mike, Matt and Jaime are also on Twitter.
If you’re new to PokerGO, please subscribe right now and use the promo code REMKO for $10 off the annual subscription. PokerGO offers more than 100 days of live poker action as well as an extensive on-demand library that includes all season of Poker After Dark, the World Series of Poker from 2017, 2016 and 2015, and all three editions of the Super High Roller Bowl.