Brandon Adams is back on the Heads Up with Remko podcast! After first appearing on the show during the inaugural Poker Masters, Adams returns to talk about the personal advancements he’s made since, studying and applying game theory to poker, learning from Patrik Antonius, the history of game theory concepts and his appearance on the new PokerGO Original series INSIDERS, in which he’s followed during his preparation for his first participation in the Super High Roller Bowl.
- 1:53 – How poker taken up a larger role in Brandon’s life over the last couple of months since winning at the Poker Masters and preparing for the 2018 Super High Roller Bowl, and how he views the current state of the live tournament game.
- 5:35 – When and how did Brandon Adams decide to play in the Super High Roller Bowl? Will he sell action?
- 10:12 – INSIDERS on PokerGO featuring Brandon Adams is now available for your viewing pleasures. Brandon talks about the excitement of being part of the show. the involvement of Patrik Antonius and what he can learn from him?
- 15:30 – Talking strategy with his good friend Patrik Antonius.
- 20:12 – Teaching game theory at Harvard, and why wasn’t Brandon Adams the one to first apply game theory at the highest level of poker?
- 25:52 – Does it take a Harvard level brain to become good at poker these days? How will the future of skill in poker evolve?
- 30:51 – Does the top level of skilled players increasing at the highest level affect the players at the bottom of this pyramid to become motivated to be good at poker?
- 33:01 – Is poker becoming a worse and worse choice as a hobby?
- 35:50 – How does Brandon Adams view his own skill in poker 10 years ago, 5 years ago and versus the current opposition?
- 38:18 – Enjoying the process of getting better at poker, why he’ll never play another hand of online poker, and what motivates him to be at the top?
- 41:25 – The mental aspect of poker, and why the preparation for the Super High Roller Bowl is far different than for other events.
- 42:59 – Who should you fear in the game of poker?
- 45:37 – Live tells: Do they still matter and what does Brandon Adams look for?
- 51:55 – Brandon visualizes the final 24 hours before the Super High Roller Bowl kicks off, and the excitement of the newly opened PokerGO Studio.
New to PokerGO? Subscribe right now and enjoy over 100 days of live poker action every year, as well as an extensive on-demand library of content. Brandon Adams is featured in both INSIDERS and the Super High Roller Club, as well as Poker After Dark broadcasts from both the early days of the show and the recent live action.