What is the best present to buy a poker player for Christmas? If you know a poker player and are looking for the top Christmas gift idea, then you’ve come to the right place.
Christmas gifts for poker players in 2019 are vastly different to the ones they might have been bought in the past. Gone is the idea that a cheap, plastic chipset and a pack of cards that fall apart in seconds is even near good enough.
We’ve got the best Christmas list ideas for the poker player in your life, and you won’t even have to ask them what their best Christmas gift was on Christmas Day itself, but first and foremost you have to make sure they are set up with a PokerGO subscription to ensure they are entertained all-year-round while learning a lot in the process from all the high rollers that play at final tables of the World Series of Poker, Super High Roller Bowl and many more events.
Because the game of poker is universal, you don’t need to worry about looking for specific Christmas gifts for men or Christmas gifts for women. They all apply equally, so let’s dig in!
Poker Cards & Chips for Christmas
There are hundreds of chips sets and Bicycle playing cards out there, but we’re going to presume that the person you’re buying for already has a set of each, but why not raise their game with some special ones? Check out the Kings Wild Project poker cards which are truly unique and will spice up every home game.
One of the highest quality cards for regular use is made by the aforementioned brands but you can’t forget about Copag playing cards and KEM playing cards either. If your friends love playing mixed games, or simply have a hard time telling clubs from spades, a four-color Copag deck might also fit in handy!
Poker Books and Strategy
When it comes to learning how to play GTO poker, you can only do worse than buying Modern Poker Theory as soon as you can. Packed with all the most important aspects of GTO strategy, the book is the go-to tome of NLHE assistance.
With theory explained well and practical demonstrations of the ideas put into practice, Michael Acevedo is the man behind Modern Poker Theory and has put literally thousands of hours into the production of the book with the use of the best poker software solvers out there. Billed as ‘poker theory for the 21st century’, it might be worth adding to your list. If you’re more into Mixed Games, you have to own Dylan Linde’s Mastering Mixed Games which breaks down every single game you’ll ever need to know about!
Here are some other tremendous poker books worth considering for your poker playing friends and family members. These books are not about poker strategy but about some of the most fascinating characters the game has ever seen!
- The biography of 3-time WSOP Main Event champion Stu Ungar, widely regarded as one of the best players of all time who ultimately could not defeat his inner demons.
- The biography of Mike Matusow titled ‘Check Raising the Devil‘.
- Mike Sexton’s biography ‘Life’s a Gamble‘.
- The Professor, The Banker, and the Suicide King, one of the greatest poker books ever written about ‘The Corporation’ taking on Andy Beal in the highest stakes games ever written about.
- The Godfather of Poker, Doyle Brunson’s biography.
- Blood Aces, Benny Binion’s biography, the man who brought poker to Las Vegas and started the World Series of Poker.
- Titanic Thompson, the Man Who Bet on Everything, a book about an iconic gambler and poker player.
- Positively Fifth Street, the first-hand account of the 2000 World Series of Poker written by James McManus and his unlikely progress in the world’s largest tournament.
- The Moneymaker Effect, the book about Chris Moneymaker’s epic 2003 World Series of Poker win that changed poker forever, written by Eric Raskin.
- Ship it Holla Ballas! The book about how a bunch of 19-year old college dropouts became poker millionaires. This book features Andrew Robl, David Benefield and many other well-known poker personalities.
Other books you might want to consider are Phil Hellmuth’s Positivity where he lays out his rules for living a successful life both on and off the poker table! Looking to dive deep and learn from the best? Check out Pokercode as Fedor Holz and Matthias Eibinger teach you their winning ways.
There are some extremely novel gifts out there this Christmas, including the highly usable and wash-clean rubber poker mat, which can (literally) be rolled out for any occasion, as well as an inflatable poker table that would adorn any Vegas pool party. Looking for more high-end options? BBO makes incredibly classy poker tables in a variety of ways. Check them out here.
Lastly, there’s nothing better than making sure you look good at the poker table. The PokerGO store by RunGoodGear has all the latest poker fashion and while you’re at it, check out the RunGood Store for their own line of poker clothing!