Today, the World Series of Poker announced a list of exciting changes to the 2019 event series that will please fans of both of the highest stakes and the lower buy-ins. Check out the full WSOP schedule right here and click here for a breakdown of the Championship events as well as the low buy-in tournaments.
The 2019 World Series of Poker runs from May 28 to July 16 at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. Here’s a breakdown of the 11 exciting things that were announced today.
- When you arrive at the 2019 World Series of Poker, you’ll be greeted by a display of $1,000,000 in cash under its famed Horshoe. This amazing photo-opp is a replica of the iconic display that Benny Binion created at his downtown casino to draw tourists.
- Main Event Seat(s) Giveaway – To help celebrate our 50th, the WSOP is giving away $50,000 in Main Event seats. Click the link to read up on the rules as you can earn up to five entries into the drawing held on July 1.
- $500 Hot Seat Promotion for Live Action Games. Located inside the enormous Pavillion Room, the cash games will be hot and juicy during the World Series of Poker. This summer, a promotion will make things extra juicy with a $500 random giveaway every hour of every day of the WSOP. This promo runs from June 3 until July 9.
- WSOP Tournament Account – Players now have the option to wire in funds for WSOP tournament play, or put money on account when they arrive. After a player initially sets up this account at the WSOP Main Cage in Tropical room, the player will have the option to register online or via mobile device for WSOP tournaments with the funds used to initiate the account and simply print seat card(s) and receipt(s) at one of the kiosks – avoiding the need to use the registration line to enter events.
- Credit Cards at the Cage – For the first time, credit cards are now able to be used to buy-in for tournaments.
- Amazon Room Adds Automatic Shufflers – The famed Amazon Room, used primarily for 3pm starting events and all re-starts, will be outfitted with 100 automatic shuffling machines to be used exclusively for WSOP tournaments.
- Gorilla Gaming Live Action Games – Another addition to the Pavilion Room this year will be a mid-stakes live action section, featuring 30 tables, sponsored by Gorilla Gaming, which will feature automatic shufflers, power for device charging and upgraded chairs. The King’s Lounge returns with 15 high stakes live action tables, along with the other popular amenities including the food buffet for participating players.
- Gavin Smith Memorial Poker Tournament – On the opening day of the WSOP on May 28 at 6pm the WSOP will host a $200 buy-in No-Limit Hold’em tournament to help raise funds for the family of popular poker player Gavin Smith. The event will be rake-free, with the prize pool receiving $100 of each entry, with the other $100 going to the Gavin Smith Trust.
- Ladies No-Limit Hold’em Warm Up Tournament – On the eve of the Ladies championship event, a $150 buy-in No-Limit Hold’em tournament will be held. This is a one-day event, scheduled for Wednesday, June 19 at 6pm, to serve as a warm-up for the next day’s gold bracelet event.
- Seniors Deep Stack – Every Wednesday from May 28 to July 10 at 9am, a special Seniors only (age 50+) Deep Stack one-day tournament will be held featuring the No-Limit Hold’em format.
- Pot-Limit Omaha Deep Stack – Every Sunday from June 2 to July 14 at 5pm, a special $250 buy-in one-day Deepstack tournament will be held featuring the popular Pot-Limit Omaha variant.
In 2018, a record total of 123,865 entries were recorded into bracelet events for a total of $266 million in prize pool money. Buy-ins for tournaments at the Rio will start as low as $70. Single table satellites begin on May 28 and run 24 hours a day throughout the seven-week series. Stay tuned to Poker Central for more information on the 2019 World Series of Poker.